At present, automation testing has completely revolutionized the testing state of the software industry. And Selenium test automation is said to be one of the most popular approaches to automated testing. It has also become the dominating tool by the year 2020. Selenium is a strong collection of tools, which can firmly support the fast development of test automation of web applications. It also offers a range of testing functions, which are designed especially according to the requirements of web application testing. These functions are highly reliable facilitating different options for positioning the UI elements and then making the comparison of all the expected outcomes against the actual application behavior. This includes the use of different scripting languages for test automation. This is why now more and more companies are choosing Selenium and people are joining Selenium corporate training programs.
Selenium supports different programming languages for test automation. For instance, there are Java, Python, PHP, Ruby, etc. and each language comes with its features. So, it often becomes tough to select the best in this pool of programming languages. But Python is one of the programming languages used extensively with Selenium. The main reason behind it is that Python allows building custom libraries easily for serving various purposes.
Why Selenium is so popular?
- It is portable and open-source: Selenium is one of the most popular portable and open-source web testing frameworks.
- It is easier to implement and understand: The commands of Selenium are often categorized in terms of various classes that make it simpler to understand as well as to implement.
- It is a combination of DSL and tools: Selenium is the perfect combination of DSL (Domain Specific Language) and different tools to perform different types of tests.
- It offers less stress and burden for the testers: As said above, the total amount of time needed for performing testing repeated test scenarios on every new build is almost decreased to zero. Therefore, it reduces the burden of testers.
- Reduction of costs for the business clients: Companies often have to pay the testers the required salary and this can be saved with the use of automation testing tools. Automation doesn’t only save time but it also offers a range of benefits to the users.
So, if you plan to learn Selenium with Python, then the best thing is that it will enable you to test both front-end and back-end applications on a wide range of platforms and different combinations of devices. These days, the demand for Selenium with Python is trending and the market is also going to be very good in the upcoming years.
Why Selenium with Python is a good option?
Before we get into the point of why Selenium with Python is a good combination, let’s learn a few things about Python. Python is a high-level, open-source, and user-friendly scripting language. It also includes some simple English keywords, which include effortless interpretation. Compared to other programming languages, here the syntax complications are meager. Python is widely used in different applications like web applications, network programming, GUI development, mobile apps, or game development.
Being a strong and highly extensive programming framework, Selenium is mainly used to automate web application testing regardless of the used technology. And Python is the best fit for automation testing with Selenium as it is easy to set up. Mid-sized businesses and startup companies also prefer Python because of the easy programming syntax and also because Python helps to write Selenium scripts easily. Apart from that, the Python Selenium framework also makes the ideal choice to influence the development of intricate functional tests.
Now let’s have a look at the reasons why developers prefer Selenium with Python automation testing:
- Python is easy to read and easy to code. Python effectively minimizes the total runtime of the script. And this thing further curtails the execution time of running tests. Besides, Python’s code flow is highly understandable as it uses indentation rather than braces in the end and initiation blocks.
- Python offers vibrant nature of typing
- Python can rapidly run while compared to other programming languages
- APIs used in Python help the users to get connected to the browser through Selenium. The binding of Selenium and Python provides simple APIs to develop functional tests with the help of Selenium WebDriver in a perceptive manner. Apart from that, this binding also provides a highly convenient API to contact Selenium WebDriver such as Remote, Firefox, etc.
- Being a scripted language, Python has easy use and is very less verbose compared to other programming languages. The main reason behind it is that Python API helps you to connect with the browser through Selenium. Selenium can send standard commands of Python easily to different browsers irrespective of the variants in the browser design. Python also uses a simple English language, which can be constructed easily.
- Python runs fast and it uses indentation for initiating and ending blocks. It is both compact and simple compared to other programming languages.
- Being a scripted language, when using Selenium, you don’t have to worry about running a compiler for changing code from lines of the code to almost anything, which can be utilized and implemented.
- This programming language is developed with a huge community around it for that it offers a great support system. Therefore, when you perform automate testing by using Selenium with Python, the community works as a welcome wagon for those users, who are new to this language. So, being the heart and soul of automation testing, community support helps in the hassle-free execution of automated testing.
- Python is available as open-source and it is also a free programming language. So, whoever needs to use it can download it easily and freely use it in any environment. The entire culture along with the communities available around the language is free software fans.
- Apart from the above-mentioned reasons, which support the use of Selenium with Python, another main reason to use it is the use of different tools to extend it. The most vital tool for easy user interfaces, which is Selenium WebDriver comes with strong bindings for Python.
Our Automation Related Courses:
Know more about Selenium training in Bangalore