When it comes to automation testing, Selenium always finds a way to the conversation. As one of the leading automation testing tools, Selenium is highly preferred by the testers and developers around the globe. But the main question here is that although there are numerous types of automation tools available, then why Selenium?
The answer to this question is that Selenium is an open-source automation testing tool used for performing automation tests on different web browsers. Selenium comes with tools like Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium WebDriver, and Selenium Grid that serve the needs of different organizations.
Now let’s have a look at the benefits that Selenium offers:
- Selenium is a pure freeware, open-source, and portable automation testing tool.
- Selenium offers support to different browsers like Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, Firefox, Safari etc.
- Selenium offers support to different operating systems like Macintosh, Windows, Unix, Linux etc.
- It is possible to integrate Selenium with Maven kind of framework or ANT tool for source code compilation.
- Selenium is also integrated with different open source tools for supporting some important features.
- Selenium is integrated with Hudson or Jenkins for constant integration.
- Often Selenium is integrated with the TestNG testing framework for testing applications and creating reports.
You can get to learn more about the advantages of Selenium by joining selenium training in Bangalore in a reputable institute.