If you are thinking to grow your career from a manual tester to an automation tester or if you want to kick-start the career in the IT field, it is important to learn Selenium. The main reason behind it is that Selenium has now taken the world by storm and therefore the industry is mostly in search of certified Selenium experts.
Now let’s have a look at the reasons for learning Selenium by joining Selenium certification and course.
- Selenium is a free tool/open special source: Selenium is an open-source tool and therefore anyone can use it for free. And this is also the reason more and more companies are now using it to test web applications or websites. For instance, you can test a Python application by using Selenium with Python.
- No requirement of any special browser/OS/hardware: Another reason for learning Selenium by joining a Selenium certification project and course is that it doesn’t need a high HDD or a system with 16GB RAM. Or there is no requirement of housing a MacOS, WindowsOS, or LinuxOS. You can even use the common OS for testing Selenium.
- Availability of frameworks: Frameworks are quite similar to templates. And it is possible to make a slight change to the code according to the requirement of the user for various conditions rather than making wholesale changes. There are different types of frameworks. Some of these are:
- Keyword-driven testing
- Data-driven testing
- Module driven testing
- Hybrid testing
- Support of multiple programming languages: This is one of the most important reasons why the programmers choose to learn Selenium to get into the domain of Automation Testing. Other automation testing tools available in the market are specialized in any specific programming language. But there is no need to face any restriction with Selenium. You can use Selenium with any of the programming languages like Selenium with Java, Python or C#.
- Strong presence in DevOps lifecycle: Selenium is an important part of the DevOps lifecycle as most of the companies replace Waterfall or Agile approaches with the DevOps approach. Only a few testing tools qualify as the DevOps tool as DevOps emphasizes using different open source tools. As most of the software products that are developed these days are delivered on the cloud, therefore the web-based testing tools are used extensively. And this is where Selenium perfectly fits.
- No dependency on the GUI based systems: As Selenium tests are executed without GUI, these tests can be performed web servers. And here it is possible to achieve automation by scheduling the execution by integrating it with other tools. No GUI also signifies that the performance of the machines would improve drastically.
- Increased demand for Selenium testers: Although this is the last reason I am mentioning, it is one of the most important ones. As the use of Selenium is increasing consistently, the demand for Selenium testers is also increasing proportionately. This is why joining a Selenium certification and training course to learn Selenium with C# makes sense.
And when you want to complete Selenium course with project, then you must join a good institute to get selenium training in Bangalore.