Hello, Guys welcome to Selenium Labs, One of the best Automation Testing Training in Bangalore, let me introduce myself to you.
I am Prosenjit Majumder working professional in a beautiful city Bangalore India. I basically hail from City Of Joy, Kolkata.
I have passion towards automation testing since last 6-7 years I started with Selenium then I got chance to work with other tools like Maven, Ant, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Sikuli etc.
Today let us see some of the basic concepts of Automation Testing:
Q1-What is Automation Testing
Answer- When you talk about Software testing or Quality assurance of any product it means we have to deliver our application bug free it means no defect in our application. In order to achieve quality we perform testing in our application it means we perform several test case it can be functional test cases and nonfunctional test cases also.
In order to save our time and resource we can automate manual test cases, which save human effort and time as well.
Scenario – If we need to test same scenario 100 times manually and each time we are checking the same result then better to automate this test case and run it number of times and verify the result.
We have different tools available in the market, which gives us the liberty to automate our application
Q2- When Automation testing should be performed?
Answer- We can perform automation testing in our day to day testing activities it means when we have to execute some test case on regular basics then better to automate that test cases
Majorly we perform automation testing for regression testing, smoke testing and sanity testing as well.
Scenario- If you have 50 scenario that you have to execute on daily basis and you will be testing the same scenario for next couple of releases as well then manually running these test cases will be tedious task so here you can adopt automation testing.
Q3-Which test case cannot be automated?
1-This is very important and interesting question as well that which test cases cannot be automated, my answer is you should avoid test cases which is changes very frequently it means even if you will automate that test case next time it will fail because application feature will change so better to choose test case which is stable.
2- We should not automate test cases which has manual interaction like enter authorization code, capcha code etc.
Answer- Selenium is Open source Web Automation tool which was designed by ThoughtWorks in 2004, It started by Selenium IDE then Selenium RC which is also known as Selenium 1 then Selenium Webdriver which is also known as Selenium 2
Selenium is very popular now days because of many reasons
- It is open source tool, which means we do not have to purchase any license for this. We can download from their
- officially website and we can use.
- It support many languages like Java, Java Script, C#, Python, Ruby etc.
- We can perform cross browser testing as well. Selenium Webdriver support almost all browser which their latest
- version like Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari, Opera etc.
- It support the entire platform like Windows, UNIX, Linux, Apple etc.
- Recently Selenium has introduced mobile testing as well, now we can automate Android testing using Selendroid,
- IPhone testing using appium and many more.
- Selenium having compatibility with many tools well some example are AutoIT, Jenkins, Sikuli, Testng, Junit etc.
Let’ check: Automation Testing Tutorial for Beginners
- If you are looking for selenium training Reach Us Today: